cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Window refit when inserting small parts into and assembly

gbarnett
1-Newbie

Window refit when inserting small parts into and assembly

This may be an easy one, but I cant seem to find the answer anywhere. When I insert a small part into an assembly (say hardware) the entire model zooms to refit everything into the window. Is there a config option I can enable to make this not zoom/refit when inserting parts into an assembly?

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Not that I am aware of, but mine doesn't do that. I wonder if the sketcher fit option is doing this...

sketcher_refit_after_dim_modify no

Video Link : 5460

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:gbarnett)

I have never heard about such an option.

And I found a few old cases in our database, where the same question was asked with the answer always being no. So you probably can't get rid of the refit.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:gkoch)

I just tried this with a default install version of Creo and it does not zoom when a new object is added.

Graham, can you provide a video example of the behavior you are seeing?

edit: another thought... are you using mapkeys to assemble parts that may have a zoom all embedded?

I observe a refit (which is technically a zoom out, when the model size increases).

Even if the assembled component is rather small it usually gets inserted outside the existing geometry and Creo refits the assembly. If the model is small, this is just a flicker, but I assume Graham has a large one, where refit needs considerable time, right? (Yet video would be helpful clarifying the issue)

Top Tags