cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

With each Creo+ update, the "Start in" setting is reset to the default

ProFeature
13-Aquamarine

With each Creo+ update, the "Start in" setting is reset to the default

Issue is that with each Creo+ update, the "Start in" setting is reset to the default.

4 REPLIES 4

I'm uncertain how Creo+ is updated, or how frequently, but this is typical behavior when updating software that relies on a "Start In" directory specification in the shortcut. Unfortunately requires a bit more understanding of how things work for people. The really bad part of this is that at my company I need to have temporary admin privileges to install/update any applications, so any shortcuts are created by an administrator, which I am not. If I later realize I need to change these types of settings, I can't unless I again get a temporary admin password.

YY_8922822
13-Aquamarine
(To:KenFarley)

Creo+ is SaaS and not It is common software, I should be free from all kinds of installation issues. My understanding is that we install once and everything else is updated behind the scenes.

@YY_8922822 wrote:

Creo+ is SaaS and not It is common software, I should be free from all kinds of installation issues. My understanding is that we install once and everything else is updated behind the scenes.

Hi,

from my point of view Creo+ is not full-fledged SaaS because it is running on user's computer (not in the cloud as Onshape).

Martin Hanák

Updates behave like windows updates

Top Tags