cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

automatic constraints in sketch

RV_5434567
7-Bedrock

automatic constraints in sketch

Hello,

I've noticed that Creo2 offers far less automatic constraints then my trusted old WF2. Are there any settings I can adjust to get more?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

We recently upgraded from Pro/W WildFire 5.0 to Creo Parametric 2.0.

So far I have welcomed that additional constraints that were missing, but dislike that automatic constraint "normal" that interfeers with many constraints and has to be reconstrained to a more conventional constraint.

I can't give you information where you can obtain add on constraints.

Creo is not Inventor where the constraints make sense, and are easier to apply.

I think you're talking about constraints in asm?

'Normal' is indeed an annoying thing. Who wants to be normal...

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:RV_5434567)

Do you mean the menu options? A sketch is only going to automatically constrain to the point that it is fully constrained.

Robbie,

Have you tried going into File; Configuration Editor; Sketcher? The sketcher constraints can be turned on and off there.

To clarify I'll add an example. I've drawn to circles of the same size (but that doesn't matter). I want to draw a line Tangent to both. Creo suggests the first Tangent constraint, and it will also suggest the second, but never both together. As I recall WF2 did offer that when you got close enough.

@Tiim Morishita: All constraints are turned on in configuration.

First Tangent but not second:

1.png

Second Tangent is suggested but first is lost:

2.png

There is an option in the line command which draws a line tangent to two curves or circles.

line.jpg

Top Tags