Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic constraints in sketch

automatic constraints in sketch

Hello,

I've noticed that Creo2 offers far less automatic constraints then my trusted old WF2. Are there any settings I can adjust to get more?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6

Re: automatic constraints in sketch

We recently upgraded from Pro/W WildFire 5.0 to Creo Parametric 2.0.

So far I have welcomed that additional constraints that were missing, but dislike that automatic constraint "normal" that interfeers with many constraints and has to be reconstrained to a more conventional constraint.

I can't give you information where you can obtain add on constraints.

Creo is not Inventor where the constraints make sense, and are easier to apply.

I think you're talking about constraints in asm?

'Normal' is indeed an annoying thing. Who wants to be normal...

Do you mean the menu options? A sketch is only going to automatically constrain to the point that it is fully constrained.

Robbie,

Have you tried going into File; Configuration Editor; Sketcher? The sketcher constraints can be turned on and off there.

To clarify I'll add an example. I've drawn to circles of the same size (but that doesn't matter). I want to draw a line Tangent to both. Creo suggests the first Tangent constraint, and it will also suggest the second, but never both together. As I recall WF2 did offer that when you got close enough.

@Tiim Morishita: All constraints are turned on in configuration.

First Tangent but not second:

1.png

Second Tangent is suggested but first is lost:

2.png

There is an option in the line command which draws a line tangent to two curves or circles.

line.jpg

Announcements