cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

config.pro duplicates including mapkeys

Pieface
6-Contributor

config.pro duplicates including mapkeys

My recollection is the first item in the config will load and duplicated items will be ignored?  I can only assume this will occur for mapkeys of the same name?  I could test the theory but thought it would be nice to see it here.  I came here looking for an answer and did not find it.  I went to Google and did not find the answer.  The first place I looked was documentation and could not locate it there.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Pieface)

As I recall, the exact opposite is true. I had a parameter set in the beginning of my config.pro and didn't know it was also set further down. The last one was the winner, which drove me batty for a while, thinking my changes were being ignored, etc. You can test it yourself by setting a benign parameter, like

display wireframe

display shaded

Start up Creo and see whether you are in wireframe or shaded view.

If there is a config.sup in the load directory, this is run first and  this will assign the options and "lock" them.

Then, if there is a config.pro in the load directory, it will then assign these options, barring any changes from the locked .sup

Then if there is a config.pro in the start in directory, i will assign or overwrite the load directory config.pro options but barring any changes from the config.sup

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Any line further down in the config.pro takes precedence over any lines earlier.

For example if you have:

Line 1: display_points no

Line 12: display_points yes

display_points yes (Line 12) is the line that is loaded in. Any previous lines above it are over written.

Same applies for mapkeys.

gkoch
1-Newbie

Hello Don,

Kenneth, Ron and Christopher are correct. See more details in this article in our knowledge database:

CS28227 : How does Creo Parametric retrieve config.pro options at startup

Regards,

Gunter

Top Tags