cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

default model colour

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

default model colour

Hi all,

lets say for the sake of arguement, i want any new parts i create to be the colour red when i shade them. How do i configure pro-e to have this happen automatically. I want to change my default shading colour in effect, away from what it is at the moment (ref_color1) to the ptc_aluminum. At the moment i am having to change the colour to this each & every time i create a new part. I have gone through all the config options but can't see anything there. Any ideas?

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

If you start new parts from startpart file, than you can change the color in that file. Color changing is the same as in the normal part. Than save changed startpart file over older one.

Regards

Gregor

Thanks for the tip Gregor, i do work from a startpart most of the time, so i changed the colour on there as you described, but what if you start completely from scatch, what then?

Regards

John

Top Tags