cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

how do I change working directory default location?

kcoleman
1-Newbie

how do I change working directory default location?

I don't want creo to add files into my documents folder, how can I change the default location for the working directory or where creo puts the trail files that it creates?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Right-click the shortcut you use to start Creo and change path in the "Start in" field to some other folder (e.g. C:\PTC\Creo\Config or something like that). That way Creo will treat that folder as a startup location. Keep in mind that if you have made any modifications to your Creo configuration (like adding additional options in Configuration Editor) they have been saved to config.pro file in Documents directory, so you should move the config.pro file from Documents directory to that new startup folder, otherwise Creo will not load them during startup.

As for trail files you can add trail_dir option to config.pro file (or through Configuration Editor in Creo Options) and set new folder path for that option. That way any new trail files will be created in specified directory instead of default startup directory.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Right-click the shortcut you use to start Creo and change path in the "Start in" field to some other folder (e.g. C:\PTC\Creo\Config or something like that). That way Creo will treat that folder as a startup location. Keep in mind that if you have made any modifications to your Creo configuration (like adding additional options in Configuration Editor) they have been saved to config.pro file in Documents directory, so you should move the config.pro file from Documents directory to that new startup folder, otherwise Creo will not load them during startup.

As for trail files you can add trail_dir option to config.pro file (or through Configuration Editor in Creo Options) and set new folder path for that option. That way any new trail files will be created in specified directory instead of default startup directory.

Keith,

also add the following option into your config.pro file

file_open_default_folder working_directory

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank you both for your help.

Martin,

I am unable to find a config.pro file on my computer. Where would it be located and if it is not there then how is it created?

Thank you.

Keith,

• <Creo 2.0>\Common Files\Mxxx\text directory
  • User HOME directory
  • startup directory set in Creo shortcut

You can also use Windows Search to locate config.pro.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags