cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

j-link install_test

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

j-link install_test

Hi, guys,

I am using Creo 2.0. It took me long time to run install_test j-link application, but I made it. Then I installed Creo 3.0, so I have now Creo 2 and 3 on my PC. I have installed Creo 3 with JRE and tryed to run install_test app with no success. I tryed same in Creo 2 with same result. I tryed to reinstall both Creos with and without JRE, tryed to use self installed JDK instead but with no success. I created envi. variable CLASSPATH to pfc.jar, and PATH to JDK, added jlink_java_commnad to config.pro, compiled *.java files insted of asnychtest.java and ran Creo in current (install_test) dir. I have tryed everything.

Do you have similar problems ? I have not find any answer on the interned.

Thank you for your answers

14 REPLIES 14

Hi,

during installation I selected two highlighted items.

Then I installed j2sdk1.4.1_07.

My compilation batch file contains these lines:

set CLASSPATH=E:\PTC\Creo2_M190_JLink\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M190\text\java\pfc.jar;%CLASSPATH%

E:\PTC\j2sdk1.4.1_07\bin\javac.exe *.java

MH

Martin Hanák
sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

I tryed both, shipped JRE and JDK downloaded from java page using jlink_java_command. I have batch file but it always show me message "start of application install_test failed"

It is interesting It worked it with same configuration before for me.

I think the problem might be using different JDK or using multiple versions of Creo. I tryed JavaRA to completly remove any JRE and JDK and use CCCleaner for remove all registry of uninstalled Creo. I tryed to reinstall everyhing several times and tryed multiple configurations of CLASSPATH.

Hi,

as I wrote in previous reply, you have download and install j2sdk1.4.1_07. This version is supported in CR2.

I think you do not have to use jlink_java_command config option, if JRE item is installed with Creo.

protk.dat that I used for install_test j-link application is attached.

MH

Martin Hanák
sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

J-link manual says, that supported version for Creo 2 is j2sdk1.4.1_07 and above - I have newest version. Anyway jlink install_test either any simple "hello world" app is not working with JRE istalled with Creo (withou using jlink_java_command)

Hi,

you can test attached install_test application.

• create C:\PTC directory
  • save install_test.zip directory
  • unzip zip file into C:\PTC directory, you will get install_test sub-directory containing test files (for example protk.dat)
  • start Creo in C:\PTC\install_test directory and run install_test application

Notes:

• install_test application is compiled using j2sdk1.4.1_07
  • CLASSPATH variable is not defined on system/personal level
  • install_test application works with CR2 M190 64-bit on my PC

MH

Martin Hanák
sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

Well, I dont know how it is possible but it is working fine now. Maybe I had some mistake in som text file. I am using this JDK jre1.8.0_121.

Thank you for your advice anyway

Hi,

if I understand you well, my install_test application is running well on your PC . If you want to compile your own test application, then I suggest you to install j2sdk1.4.1_07 and use it for compilation.

MH

Martin Hanák

hey Martin, which is the supported JRE in wildfire 3.0?

Hi,

wildfire 3.0, really ?

I think you can:

• install WF3 including its internal JRE+J-link
  • find java.exe in WF3 installation
  • run java -version

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi

Is there no way to enable j-link auxiliary programs without reinstalling creo 3.0?

Hi,

from my point of view ... it is always better to install Creo from scratch, if some software component is missing in current installation.

MH

Martin Hanák
ddhini
14-Alexandrite
(To:nanilkumar)

I think repair Program operation will do what you want.

ddhini
14-Alexandrite
(To:sjuraj)

Hi sjuraj

Am also met the same problem .But I solved Using the Version (jdk 1.7.0).

Construct your batch file like this:(File attached)

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:sjuraj)

In genereal, there is no need to use anything in j-link app only correct protk.dat file with correct classpaths (if you are using shipped JRE). If you use for developing higher JDK that your current version of project support you need to use config option jlink_java_command or environment var. for non-standard JRE. Usage of pfc.jar in classpath is needed when you use it for developing (compiling). So my problem was probably wrong path to JRE or wrong content of protk.dat file (wrong classpaths or missing text dir path).

Top Tags