cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

plot changes in Creo 4

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

plot changes in Creo 4

We have just moved from Creo 2 to Creo 4 and are finding that what plotted 'correctly' in Creo 2 is now plotting with the system colors as they appear on the screen in Creo 4.

Dimensions are orange on the screen in both 2 & 4. A plot to a HP plotter will be black text from Creo 2 and orange text from Creo 4.

What changed are what file did I not update in the Creo 4 install?

There was no table.pnt file used by Creo 2 and I know that I can use one to define the proper colors in Creo 4. I have already done a table.pnt file for another network install of Creo 4, so I can rebuild the files in this install. Wondering what PTC changed that now requires the table.pnt file for all plotting.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I think that plot functionality in Creo 4.0 is similar to plot functionality in Creo 2.0. I always set pentable for printing from Creo.

Question: Do you use print configuration files (*.psf) in Creo 2.0 ? (path to pentable can be included in these files)

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MartinHanak)

In Creo 2, we did not have a *,pcf file for plot configuration nor did we have a Table.pnt file. It had been working fine since the systems were set up back at Wildfire 2 or before my time here. I did the upgrades to WF 4 and then Creo2 with no changes. Now with Creo4, I need the table.pnt file.

I have created one, set all 8 pens to 0,0,0 rgb values and normal parts of the plot are fine. We have a logo (sonn to be retired!) that is blue and red but plots purple and blue. Really strange. Pen 1 is set to plot custom colors and some red text for classification marking plots as red just fine.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenLoosli)

Didn't the printing issue show up when you did testing?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

Testing, we don't need no testing!!!!

Oops, I guess I do!

We have been running Creo4 on another system since last fall with no issues once I got the pen tables and pcf files configured over there.

The classified system had more things that have been carried over for years so it should have had some more testing. I have been here 9 years this summer and these systems were configured over 10 years ago, see my other comments for upgrade list.

At least the classified system work is at a lull right now, so I have time to dig in a figure out what to change.

Top Tags