cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

shade_quality

juangarcia
11-Garnet

shade_quality

I have two version models with the same features in CREO 2.0, and one version with shade_quality by default (3), and I see the size (3.291 KB) for me It is normal with the files inside PTC (Proe.. Creo), but when I change the shade_quallity to 50 in the config.pro, the next version without any kind of variation changes a 96.821 KB. The questions is "Why the "shade_quality" is a compression factor to files?

Try by yourself and look the files size

sq.png

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Juan,

shade_quality is taken into consideration during tessellation of shaded model display. The higher number of shade_quality means more data generated by Creo and bigger files saved.

Recommendation: Set shade_quality to lowest possible value. Higher values are suitable for special models, e.g. rails with very big radius (1 km).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
JackBender
4-Participant
(To:juangarcia)

Further explanation:

shade_quality has a great influence on file size if save_model_display is set to its default value shading_lod.

If you want to consistently get small files independently of shade_quality, set save_model_display to wireframe. No tesselated surfaces will be written to the file anymore, just the wireframe.

Please consider having a look at this thread exploring in great detail the impact of various parameters on file size:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/206649#206649

Top Tags