cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

silent uninstall for Creo 2

WayneBeck
1-Newbie

silent uninstall for Creo 2

Has anyone found a way to uninstall Creo 2 silently. We can if we create a custom MSI to push out with our tool. But this does take a lot of time to create the msi. We currently are using PDQ Deploy to push out our software.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

In the Creo2 Install Guide, back in appendix F, there's a pretty detailed description of installing Creo 2 silently. I've used it here and it works pretty well. You have to do one manual install, grab the XML files created and then you can run command line installs that will duplicate that install on the target machine. I've created a batch file to do it here. It's well documented in the installation guide.

There is also a section on uninstalling, but I haven't actually used it so I cannot vouch for its effectiveness.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Wayne,
You have to add wait times into the uninstall script. The msiexec program runs asynchronously from the command line, so you need to wait for it to finish before going to the next uninstall.

Also there is an order that things need to be uninstalled. If you don't know that, you'll get stuck. (see page 2 of the attached pdf.)

Neither of these are mentioned in the documentation. I found them out be the school of hard knocks. See the attached PDF from my Creo Admin 102 talk at last June's conference.

David Haigh
Top Tags