cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

401 Unauthorized to access Thingworx

DD_7886593
2-Guest

401 Unauthorized to access Thingworx

Hello, I'm using Tomcat/8.0.36 on Redhat 7, I have configured the JAVA path and everything works fine.

Database service is running also ..
When I want to access to apps in the webapps folder

Screenshot from 2017-12-20 14-15-39.png

What is the prob with that ?

3 REPLIES 3
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:DD_7886593)

What is in your application log located in thingworxstorage/logs ? Are you  using the postgresql version? What is your platform version?

This is the log of ./bin/catalina.sh run

Attempting to load ESAPI.properties as resource file via file I/O.

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: /ThingworxStorage/esapi/ESAPI.properties

Loaded 'ESAPI.properties' properties file

Attempting to load validation.properties via file I/O.

Attempting to load validation.properties as resource file via file I/O.

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: /ThingworxStorage/esapi/validation.properties

Loaded 'validation.properties' properties file

java.lang.Exception: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

at com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxServer.loadModel(ThingWorxServer.java:534)

at com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxServer.doHA(ThingWorxServer.java:193)

at com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxBootstrapper.contextInitialized(ThingWorxBootstrapper.java:152)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4842)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5303)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:725)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:701)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:940)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1816)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

*** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

*** Web Application STATE is being set to ERROR! ***

I think it''s a database connection problem, but the postgres9.4 service working ...

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:DD_7886593)

Yes, it means the platform cannot talk to the database. Have you executed both of the scripts for database and schema setup when installing ThingWorx? Were there any errors? Could you please check pg admin III to see if there is a database "thingworx" with 58 tables created.

Top Tags