cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

A way to input a Google API Key without resintalling the widget (and loosing mashups) ?

pjoly
11-Garnet

A way to input a Google API Key without resintalling the widget (and loosing mashups) ?

Hello

I have several mashups using google widget (installed as default without API Key)

As traffic is increased I would like to use the customer API key but not redoo all the job (high customisation of this widget and associated data) ?

Is there a solution for that :

1/ if I remove google widget extension, modify the key as detailed in documents (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS188314&language=en&posno=1&q=API%20%20key%20google&source=search) , reinstall, will I keep widget and all associted data ?

2/ a way to modify the  installed key  ?

3/ a configuration item in the future for that extension  ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:pjoly)

Hi,

ad1. Do not remove widget. Just change appKey in metadata.xml, change version to 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and import it. It will override extension source code, but not your mashups. That should be enough to make it work.

ad2. Library is loaded in runtime. Can be modified in metadata.xml only, because it is defined in this place.

Best,

Adam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pjoly
11-Garnet

just one UP as I read that google map API  will become "not free" begining of June and probably widget will not work any more without key !

Thanks

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite

Hi,

ad1. Do not remove widget. Just change appKey in metadata.xml, change version to 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and import it. It will override extension source code, but not your mashups. That should be enough to make it work.

ad2. Library is loaded in runtime. Can be modified in metadata.xml only, because it is defined in this place.

Best,

Adam

Top Tags