cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Abnormal Mashup Behavior on iPad

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

Abnormal Mashup Behavior on iPad

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue, but on IPhone using chrome. 

I'm having this issue not on the button widget but on the navigation widget. I don't know a quick workaround for this problem. Is there a solution? 

Jasper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jasper,

One of our more advanced TW developers found a way to control button functionality through the use of jQuery and the Expression widget. If you add the below jQuery and reference the correct button ID, you can alter how it works on the client side. Something else this developer found was that using a Value Display as the "button" (it has a Click event) was easier as it doesn't have Hover event to work around. If using the Value Display Click, then no expression is needed.
$('[id*=button-32]').on('touchstart mouseenter focus', function(e) {e.stopImmediatePropagation(); $('[id*=button-32]').trigger('Clicked'); });

Let me know if this helps, or if you have found any other ways around the issue.

I'll post this same message to the Community board.

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tkawasaki
15-Moonstone
(To:jasperlg)

Hello,

I was not able to jump to the link in your comment. It seems like linking to this same thread.

>>the same issue

What is the issue?

Thanks,

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:tkawasaki)

Hi @tkawasaki.

I have fixed the link in the original post.

Apologies for the issue.

--Sharon

Jasper,

One of our more advanced TW developers found a way to control button functionality through the use of jQuery and the Expression widget. If you add the below jQuery and reference the correct button ID, you can alter how it works on the client side. Something else this developer found was that using a Value Display as the "button" (it has a Click event) was easier as it doesn't have Hover event to work around. If using the Value Display Click, then no expression is needed.
$('[id*=button-32]').on('touchstart mouseenter focus', function(e) {e.stopImmediatePropagation(); $('[id*=button-32]').trigger('Clicked'); });

Let me know if this helps, or if you have found any other ways around the issue.

I'll post this same message to the Community board.

Thanks

CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:bmehringer)

Bmehringer,

Thanks for the followup.

To the other people with questions about this, if the solution given by Bmehringer also works for you, please mark this as solution found.

Thanks again,

-- Craig A.

FrancescoG
5-Regular Member
(To:bmehringer)

hi bmehringer,

I implemented your solution with button and works properly. 

How can I do with textbox input widget??? If I using IOS devices I must to tap twice to fill the tex box.
  Thank you

for iOS devices double tap is the way it behaves. its known issue. we can change the scripts to make that working.

for few widgets that has been fixed like in listwidget we have one property as "SingleClickSelectOnTablets" - similar sort of things are in place for button & navigation widgets.. though not sure for textbox

Gabriele1986
4-Participant
(To:rosharma)

Hi rosharma, for the text input I resolved it through the use of jQuery and the Expression widget:

it's not so elegant but it works: 

$($("input")[0]).mouseover(function(){$($("input")[0]).focus()});

You have to put an espression for every text input and icrease the number [0] , [1] , [2] .. etc and evaluate at mashup loading.

Bye

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Gabriele1986)

Hi @jasperlg.

If one of the provided responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags