cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Adding a widget to a responsive container.

AV_10867476
7-Bedrock

Adding a widget to a responsive container.

I am adding a dropdown to an existing responsive container which has some other elements as well, when added the widget feels out of place ( pic. #113)#113.png, but when the mashup is loaded it is in place that is after the existing widgets( pic. #114) which feels confusing.

#114.png

Even while editing, i am moving those widgets but they are just going back to the original positions, Any idea why this might be happening and is there any documentation which i can refer to for understanding the positioning of the elements.

3 REPLIES 3

Check the layout section in Mahup builder.

Sathishkumar_C_0-1705059836026.png

Refer following article, How to make container layout responsive or static in ThingWorx Platform

Actually, this behaviour of the layout is pretty confusing since in the pictures which i shared previously, the drop down was being added on a random place in the composer, but in the mashup it was coming in place which i suspected might be because of the wrap property. Now when i made some changes the dropdown itself is not visible despite being added to the composer. #115.png

#116.png

So, the positioning of the elements is the confusing part here as wel.

@AV_10867476 , @Sathishkumar_C 

one other item to check on your mashup is the Explorer tab. 

When you review the Explorer tab, you can see which widgets are in which container. If everything is grouped as you desire then you can look at the Layout Tab for there positions as @Sathishkumar_C  described.

HTH

Top Tags