cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Advanced Grid in 9.0.1 modification

nmilleson
17-Peridot

Advanced Grid in 9.0.1 modification

Is there any way to update the Advanced Grid in 9.0 with some custom code?  It appears that the Advanced Grid widget code has been minified and obfuscated in the advanced-widgets-bundle.js file.  I'd like to be able to modify that so I can get all of the table rows in the editedTable property of the widget.  I could try and grab an older version of the advanced grid and modify it but I notice there were some improvements made to it in 9.0 that I don't want to remove.  Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
bot1q
11-Garnet
(To:nmilleson)

All Widgets are stores in Widget directory in the Thingworx folder.

You can grab it change it and the version in the metafile and upload it as your version with different or the same name (replace).

nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:bot1q)

@bot1q ,

Thanks for the quick reply!  However, in 9.0, there is no longer runtime.js files at that location (see attached screenshot).. I'm not sure if it's because they've migrated to mostly web components.

nmilleson_0-1600799931831.png

@bot1q ,

Additionally, when I do a search for advanced or grid in the whole web app folder, the only .js files are bundle files:

nmilleson_0-1600800276350.png

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

I would suggest rather putting that effort in modifying the widget itself, union both "service output" as well as "edited table" out put to get your result what you are expecting.

Provided you are looking for just all the data with edited table data from the grid. 

nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:sbt)

@sbt ,

Thanks for the reply! That is what I'm currently doing.  However, given the nature of our mashup and services, it would make my life easier to have all of the rows available with that one binding.  Additionally, I've made other edits to previous versions of Advanced Grid widget that I'd like to have available in 9.0 as well.  Lastly, there are some other legacy widgets in 9.0 that I would like to modify as well. Thanks. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @nmilleson.

To request improvements, please post your suggestions on the ThingWorx Ideas page.  We're always happy to hear about features our customers and partners have a need for, and posting the requests there, allows other community members to vote for it.

Thank you for your participation in the community!  We appreciate that you often respond to posts submitted by other community members.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley ,

Not really looking for an improvement.  Just wondering if I can either:

a. download the 9.0.1 Advanced Grid version from PTC somewhere or

b. get some advice on how to extract the Advanced Grid widget from my ThingWorx server somehow

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @nmilleson.

Off the top of my head, one way that may work would be to use Solution Central for packaging a project that uses the Advanced Grid extension.  The extension itself will get included in the project and can then be deployed to other instances.  However, it isn't supported to deploy to an earlier version of ThingWorx than the one used for packaging the project and if prior to 9.0 would most likely fail due to architecture changes.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley ,

Thanks for the suggestion!  Unfortunately, Advanced Grid is not an extension any more in 9.0.  It appears to come with the platform OOTB, so I'm not sure that Solution Central would need to package that up with the rest of the entities.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @nmilleson.

You may be right, but I'll need to test it to be sure.  I'm backed up with testing right now, so will get to it when I'm able to dig out.  I'm also checking for other ideas around this.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley ,

Thanks!  Much appreciated

Top Tags