cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Advanced Grid: isEditable actually not working

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Advanced Grid: isEditable actually not working

Hi Folks,

I have an advanced grid to make editable on a user defined trigger but its not working as expected.

I have a toggle widget being used to make it enabled(editable) and again button click will change the state to false, using some functions( Expression).

Can anybody help me with troubleshooting of the same, if I have missed something?

Attached is the sample mashup and table file.

9 REPLIES 9
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:TanmeyTWX)

It seems to be working fine at my end. Once you toggle it to right(state=true), the grid becomes editable. When you click on the button, it makes the toggle state false(using an expression) which in turn makes the grid noneditable. Can you explain the problem at your end?

Hi @mnarang ,

Same is not happening at my end. After button click (state-->false) not making the grid noneditable again.

Point to note here is, I have same Mashup and functionality running fine on another Thingworx instance.

mnarang
17-Peridot

And your both ThingWorx versions are the same?

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:mnarang)

Yes, both server's Thingworx is of same version.

I tried restarting tomcat to fix any intermediate issues but still the same.

Hi Experts,

Any idea what could be the fix for this weird issue? Same edit functionality is working as expected on another Thingworx composer.

TIA.

mnarang
17-Peridot

You might have to debug this on mashup runtime using mashup general debug and trace functionality. You need to check which particular event/call is not triggering on runtime. Or else I would suggest you open a support case for more debugging. I am not able to reproduce the issue so it's hard to tell what's the problem. Have you already tried opening up this mashup in incognito?

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:mnarang)

Yes, tried in Incognito mode but same result.

One observation: In all Mashups wherever Toggle widget is being used to make grid editable/non-editable, has same issues fo Thingworx server A. But same mashups are toggling editable property of grid fine in Server B. Strange!

Hi,

Could there be any reason that same widget (with same bindings) works differently in two o more thingworx platform?

@paic @CarlesColl 

Observation here that Widget(AdvancedGrid) itself is not consuming True/false boolean value when provided dynamically from another widget output (expression, textfield) but working fine if the isEdiatble property is set to True/False in the properties section manually.

Don't know if its Thingworx platform bug or any configuration?

Here's the debug snapshot of the same.

TanmeyTWX_0-1626681759491.png

Anyone any idea on this?

Top Tags