cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Advanced Use of the Navigation Widget?

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine

Advanced Use of the Navigation Widget?

I'm currently creating a Mashup that will be used to create and edit data tables without having to go into Thingworx Composer. I have a rough editor, but I need a way for the user to choose whether they are editing an existing data table or creating a new one. Let me outline the process I want. First, they will need to choose whether or not they are creating a new table or loading an existing one. I have facilitated this by creating a separate mashup that has two buttons that the user can click: "Create New" and "Load Existing". Second, they need to either enter the needed data to create a new table or choose which table they are going to edit. Completing this step will then take them to the actual editor, so that they can add, update, or delete entries. I have a couple of ideas that I will explain below, but they're not working for me.

Idea One: Use a series of navigation functions that replace the contained mashup widget with the appropriate mashup, starting with "choice mashup," replacing that with the "needed data mashup," and then passing that data to and replacing with the editor. However, this method replaced the whole page with the "needed data mashup," rather than just inside the contained mashup.

Idea Two: Use a series of navigation functions that open pop-ups that will allow the needed choice entering of data. How I tried to accomplish this was by using a navigation widget on the editor that brought up the "choice mashup" that opened the "needed data mashup" which was then supposed to close after having passed the data back to the editor. The problem with this one is that the previous pop-up does not close when the next pop-up comes up. This culminates in a freeze with two pop-ups on top of the editor and no data having been passed.

Edit: I just found the CloseIfPopup mashup event. Will this still allow the data that I want passed to be passed?

I'm not sure which of these ideas will work best, so any help with either of them will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

I was finally able to figure out master mashups, so that's what I went with. There are still some other problems, but hopefully I'll be able to figure those out soon.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ike@ACE)

If you use contained mashups, you can reassign the mashup name of the contained mashup dynamically.

Perhaps that is the way you should explore.

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

I was finally able to figure out master mashups, so that's what I went with. There are still some other problems, but hopefully I'll be able to figure those out soon.

Top Tags