cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Advanced grid doesn't work in nested InfoTable

seanccc
17-Peridot

Advanced grid doesn't work in nested InfoTable

Hi ,

---Nested InfoTable

I need to display multiple tables in the mashup with ONE server call .  So  I created a data shape and add the fields with data type "InfoTable".   In the mashup , I bind the field to advanced grid instead of "all data", so I call it nested InfoTable. 

---Dynamic columns

I also need the columns of the advanced grid to be dynamic , so I don't set data shape for the InfoTable fields  .  Only advanced grid supports dynamic columns , grid doesn't support it.

But advanced grid does NOT  work  in the combination of Nested InfoTable + Dynamic columns.  It just display the data as Empty lines.  See the summary table and attached image below: 

Is it a known issue ? 

Dynamic Column Nest Table
    Yes No Yes No
Dynamic Column Yes / / Doesn't Work Works Well
  No / / Works Well Works Well
Nest Table Yes Doesn't Work Works Well / /
  No Works Well Works Well / /

empty lines.png

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

@slangley ,

The workaound is to avoid to use the nest table as the server's result  in the mash , instead , use multiple services. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:seanccc)

Hi @seanccc.

Can you provide some of the entities from your example so we can take a closer look at what you're trying to do?  What version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue.  If you have found a solution, please feel free to post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

seanccc
17-Peridot

@slangley ,

I still have the issue but also found out a workaround for it.   I'll create a reproducible file later.  

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

Just checking to see if you could share the workaround you found.  It would be helpful for others in the community with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

seanccc
17-Peridot

@slangley ,

The workaound is to avoid to use the nest table as the server's result  in the mash , instead , use multiple services. 

Top Tags