cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Alerts not getting acknowledged

sayeedulla
6-Contributor

Alerts not getting acknowledged

There are few alerts in the alert summary stream which are triggered by some thing in thingworx ,but when i try to acknowledge those alerts either through the mashup provided by thingworx or through a service provided by thingworx i get a success message as the alert has been acknowledged but the alert still remains in the alert summary stream and shows under unacknowledged tab any idea what might be wrong?.urgent help is required.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @sayeedulla @hgrewal.

ThingWorx 8.5, which contains the fix for this issue, was released last Thursday, September 26.  I am, therefore, marking this reply as the Accepted Solution.

Thank you for your patience as well as your contribution to the community!

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:sayeedulla)

Hi @sayeedulla.

What version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

sayeedulla
6-Contributor

Thingworx version 8.3.2

hgrewal
6-Contributor

Was any progress made on this issue. Facing the same issue. 

sayeedulla
6-Contributor
(To:hgrewal)

I did not get a proper reason for this issue ,yah but the hot fix is that restart your thingworx foundation server

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sayeedulla @hgrewal.

Have you checked to be sure this is not a permissions issue?  Do you see the same behavior when using the Administrator account?  Can you try under a different browser to see if the behavior is the same?

Regards.

--Sharon

hgrewal
6-Contributor

Hi Sharon
I am noticing some odd behavior when trying to acknowledge alerts. When the alert is active/unacknowledged and the condition of the alert is still valid I am able to acknowledge alerts. In case the alert was not acknowledged and the condition for alert is back to normal the alert stays active and does not update to acknowledged upon acknowledging it. I am using Query Alert Summary service from the AlertFunctions to get the data and AcknowledgeAlert service to acknowledge the alerts.
The other thing is am also observing is if an alert was acknowledged for a condition X while it was still active (unacknowledged and condition was in error) and condition Y was not acknowledged and corrects back to its normal state all the alerts for conditions that are still in error generate new alerts.
Please let me know what you think and see any obvious issues with what I am seeing or doing.
Thanks
Harry
hgrewal
6-Contributor

in addition to above, yes I am operating under the Admin account.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:hgrewal)

Hi everyone.

We discovered this issue has already been reported to R&D.  At this time, we do not have a fix release or timeline.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sayeedulla @hgrewal.

The scenario in which alerts are not getting acknowledged has been addressed in the upcoming release due out soon.  Once that release is made available, I will let you know.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sayeedulla @hgrewal.

ThingWorx 8.5, which contains the fix for this issue, was released last Thursday, September 26.  I am, therefore, marking this reply as the Accepted Solution.

Thank you for your patience as well as your contribution to the community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags