cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

All Imported extensions are deleted automatically after restarting tom cat server

JSPM
4-Participant

All Imported extensions are deleted automatically after restarting tom cat server

I have imported MQTT and Google map widget extensions, after importing , got message successful.  It appears in Manage --> installed extensions.  But it is not showing in thing template for MQTT and mashup (google map widget).  Once i restart the Tom cat service, all tensions are deleted automatically.  Thing worx platform version is 9.4, MQTT is 3.0.1 /latest also

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JSPM
4-Participant
(To:VladimirRosu)

i have raised PTC support ticket, and resolved after reinstalling PTC thingworx platform and  database postgres, now the MQTT templates are showing in the thing template.  The reason is the extensions are not saved/installed in thingworx root folder

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirRosu
19-Tanzanite
(To:JSPM)

If the Extensions are imported without an error in the Application Log, then it's impossible to be automatically removed by the platform on restart. Are you using maybe a docker container for the DB which is not persisting its database maybe ?

If not, please open a support ticket for this, as it's most certainly unexpected behavior.

As a side note, if you install the Google Widget, since they offer a widget, that won't appear as a Thing Template (just the MQTT, and it will display I believe 3 MQTT... templates)

JSPM
4-Participant
(To:VladimirRosu)

i have raised PTC support ticket, and resolved after reinstalling PTC thingworx platform and  database postgres, now the MQTT templates are showing in the thing template.  The reason is the extensions are not saved/installed in thingworx root folder

Top Tags