cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Anaytics event not working

AF_10333884
8-Gravel

Anaytics event not working

I want to bind my models to a thing using analytics events. It works just fine at first. Then I made a new analytics event to bind my model with another thing, But it is not working. I used the industrial connection thing first, then I changed it to the generic thing (I duplicated the thing that's working) but nothing works. I already checked analytics jobs but nothing shows there (already unchecked filter completed jobs). Please help me to bind my models with the industrial connection thing. (Because I want the input from kepware)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:AF_10333884)

Hi @AF_10333884 

Analysis events use dynamic subscriptions. Those subscriptions will be lost if you restart the thing (a restart will happen if you save the thing for example).

From your description you have done a  few modification on the different Things, so it might be the reason for the issue.
This is documented at https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs371311 .

Here are a few steps that can help:

- Make sure none of the supporting Things are in Edit mode

- Disable and  re-enable the Analysis Event

- Restart ThingWorx

- Alternatively use ThingWorx Analytics API instead of Analysis event. Though this require to code some services, those will also use persisted subscription that won't have this type of issues.

hope this helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @AF_10333884 

Analysis events use dynamic subscriptions. Those subscriptions will be lost if you restart the thing (a restart will happen if you save the thing for example).

From your description you have done a  few modification on the different Things, so it might be the reason for the issue.
This is documented at https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs371311 .

Here are a few steps that can help:

- Make sure none of the supporting Things are in Edit mode

- Disable and  re-enable the Analysis Event

- Restart ThingWorx

- Alternatively use ThingWorx Analytics API instead of Analysis event. Though this require to code some services, those will also use persisted subscription that won't have this type of issues.

hope this helps

Christophe

Hi,

Do you have any references on how to use ThngWorx Analytics API?

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

You should be able to move forward with the API using the service examples from https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tips/Analytics-Services-Examples/ta-p/819300 . You will probably be mostly interested by the Real time scoring prediction. Once you have the service built, you can simply create a subscription that execute it based on the desired event.

You can also refer to Help Center

Top Tags