cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Architecture diagram

Prem-IKEA
12-Amethyst

Architecture diagram

Hi

There are various use cases in the current industry so I need some assistance regarding the thingworx architecture approach. Use cases such as

1. Connecting to devices

2. Connecting to PLM systems

3. Connecting to sensors

4. Connecting to industrial devices which requires Edge connectivity.

Please share some architecture if anybody has already. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In addition to what my colleagues replied already, I want to add that strictly for your question, we have an official ThingWorx Deployment Architecture guide.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/ThingWorx_Platform/8.5/ThingWorx%20Deployment%20Architecture%20Guide?&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=thingworx%20architecture%20guide&source=search

The Manufacturing Apps were built with a specific usecase in mind, and as such, they have a specific architecture.

If your usecase is very different than that, you can of course build your own custom architecture using the Guide above.

Regardless of the technicalities, I suggest for such  broad question to contact your Customer Success Manager and raise this question for him, as a proper answer would require a different setup than the forum here.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

We have a developed extension called Manufacturing Apps (MFG), in the mashups inside you can manage the devices and connections. Hopefully it can work for you.

Prem-IKEA
12-Amethyst
(To:zyuan1)

Thanks for your reply.

Will it be available in PTC market place? If so, I can download and do a study on this regard.

It's in the same place where you can download the TWX install package in esupport.

MFG is a Integrated mashup package for quick apply in remote system controls.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Prem-IKEA)

Hi @Prem-IKEA.

Note that ThingWorx Apps (includes both Manufacturing Apps and Service Apps) requires an entitlement.  It is not a free product.  However, if you would like to take a look at it prior to purchase, there is a trial version available here but it is a slightly older version (8.4.0).

Regards.

--Sharon

In addition to what my colleagues replied already, I want to add that strictly for your question, we have an official ThingWorx Deployment Architecture guide.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/ThingWorx_Platform/8.5/ThingWorx%20Deployment%20Architecture%20Guide?&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=thingworx%20architecture%20guide&source=search

The Manufacturing Apps were built with a specific usecase in mind, and as such, they have a specific architecture.

If your usecase is very different than that, you can of course build your own custom architecture using the Guide above.

Regardless of the technicalities, I suggest for such  broad question to contact your Customer Success Manager and raise this question for him, as a proper answer would require a different setup than the forum here.

Another quick hint in regards to architecting something from ground up or using a solution.

I have seen many times in the past that customers create really custom solutions, very specific to their usecase. They have various reasons to do this: acceptance in a large organization is provided by many stakeholders (there is "resistance to new", something familiar has a better chance to be accepted etc...), maybe their processes can't really adapt to a new UI or backend workflow etc.

But, still, looking at the time in which I can provide value to my organization, I would still start each time from one of our pre-made apps (Manufacturing Apps, Asset Advisor, Operator Advisor etc), qualify if we can use them in my environment, and only if I'm sure that it would not work I would create a completely new solution.

I hope it makes sense, and please let us know if you have any other questions.
Top Tags