cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Assigning and Updating Pie Chart Data

C16349963
1-Newbie

Assigning and Updating Pie Chart Data

I've been able to create a Pie Chart linked to the Properties of a Thing. Where the changes in the Thing Properties are logged to a Value Stream. In the example I followed the properties were, "city name" and "air quality", and this resulted in a Pie Chart where the segment labels were the City Names and the segment values were the Air Quality values. In this case the Pie Chart is made up of values of one Property saved to a Value Stream

However I want a Pie Chart to show the time spent in various states on a Machine - eg Uptime, Downtime, IdleTime. I want to be able to update these values continuously and have the Pie Chart update accordingly. If these three items are separate Properties of a Thing. How can I create a Pie Chart to show the three Property values in the Pie?

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:C16349963)

You will have to create a service that puts the data together for you.

You'll need an appropriate datashape to go with that.

In my mind it would be

A data shape that says State: String, Time: Number

then based on a piece of equipment that is being looked at, retrieve the property values.

do CreateInfoTableFromDataShape

then create the rows as needed and add them to the InfoTable

Leigh
Community Manager
(To:C16349963)

Hi @C16349963

Just wanted to follow up to see if Pai's response answered your question.  If so, please indicate Accepted Solution for the benefit of all of our Community Users.  If not, please let us know your current status.

Thanks!

Leigh

Top Tags