cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Auto select first row of combo box

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Auto select first row of combo box

Hi,

How can I auto select the first row of combo box data. I am able to auto select the first row when I change the type to Drop down but I wanted to perform the auto selection of first row in Combo box, How can I do that?

Thanks,

Shalini V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ah that is unfortunate, what you are saying is that even though it is selected, it isn't switching as the visible entry.

Not too sure how to get past that issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can add a hidden list widget and tie the same datasource to it, and have it set to autoselect first row

all other widgets with the same datasource should follow suit

Hi @PaiChung ,

I actually wanted to display the auto selected row in my combo box like it appears in the drop down.

Thanks,

Shalini V.

Correct, but since that doesn't support autoselect first row, you can add another widget that does support it, but make it invisible and do autoselect first row on that.

Since both will be tied to the same data source, both widgets will be in sync with each other this way you can have the row selected on a widget that doesn't support it.

Hi @PaiChung ,

I tried whatever you said but still it doesn't show up the selected row in the widget only when I expand the combo box it shows the row as selected.

ah that is unfortunate, what you are saying is that even though it is selected, it isn't switching as the visible entry.

Not too sure how to get past that issue.

Top Tags