cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Axeda Gateway and managed model relationship on Thingworx

Willie
16-Pearl

Axeda Gateway and managed model relationship on Thingworx

Does EMS or other Edge software have the functionality to act like an Axeda Gateway Agent where there is a relationship between parent and managed models?

6 REPLIES 6
lhughes-2
5-Regular Member
(To:Willie)

Hi Willie,

Are you talking about the relationship between Managed Assets and their individual Gateway device the bridges the communication to the Axeda Platform? 

Assuming so, then this article discusses something similar to what you are looking for (via EMS as your Gateway and LSR's as the "Managed Assets"): https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS211884

Louis

Hi Louis,

Yes, I'm going to have to try it out, but I have some managed assets that do not have an IP address since they connect via USB.  Is there a way for EMS to act as a gateway and manage those as well?

lhughes-2
5-Regular Member

Hi Willie,

I actually haven't tried this myself, but I imagine as long as the device has network visibility of the EMS service, it shouldn't have any problems. If you create a support case and specify that I've been helping you (so my team knows to transfer the case to me), we can have a call and run through it together if you like!

Louis

Okay, I have a support case open and just requested it to be forwarded to you.

lhughes-2
5-Regular Member

Hi Willie,

Sounds good. I have sent you a meeting request. If you would like to get started on your own, here is a link to the documentation: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_edge_sdks_ems/wsems_545/en/#page/thingworx_edge_sdks_ems%2Fws_ems%2Fv5.4.0_ems_wsems_config_file_basic.html%23

Louis

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:lhughes-2)

Hi @Willie.

Since the case is now closed, please provide details of the solution that was found.  It's my understanding that it was config related, but further details would benefit others in the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags