cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Axeda builder help to create data items

aasim.shaikh@ig
1-Newbie

Axeda builder help to create data items

Hi,

I am exploring Axeda builder and have created few data items for my connector agent. I have configured my agent as networked device and am able to download the configuration files through builder. However, I dont see them on the sandbox in asset's dashboard. When I try to restart the agent through builder, it fails with error saying "Could not open Data Protection master key". Please help.

Regards,

Aasim

5 REPLIES 5

Which version of the Agent and Builder are you using?

Builder version = 6.6.1

Agent version = 6.6.3

Hi Aasim

In order to restart the agent just restart the agent's service (Windows) or a process/deamon (Linux etc.)

1. Did you configure data loggers? Data logger is required for pushing the data items from the agent to the platform.
  2. Is your agent configured to check the platform SSL certificates? This should be switched off for the sandbox
  3. Do you have correct platform URL configured in XgDeployConfig.xml? Use Deployment Utility to check/modify these settings

Hope this helps

Maciej

Hi Maciej, Chris

Thanks for your responses and help. After configuring data logger, my data items are now visible on the platform. Thanks.

Regards,

Aasim

Great to hear. Mark the response as correct answer to help others find answers quickly.

M

Top Tags