cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Bug with Select Entity

vxavier
13-Aquamarine

Bug with Select Entity

Hello,

Suddenly it stops working and I can't get the services or data from mine entities. There is a solution for this or a known cause for this is happening?

Untitled.png

8 REPLIES 8
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:vxavier)

Hi Vinicius Xavier

Could you please confirm us the ThingWorx Version and browser in which you are observing this issue. Do you get this issue every time you use select Entity ?

Regards,

Mohit Goel

vxavier
13-Aquamarine
(To:mgoel)

Hi Mohit Goel​,

The version was the 8. And I was in the google Chrome. I have to re-install my thingworx because I was in need to get it working.

The issue has started after I imported an extension and I was also connecting with MySQL database.

I was able to search in the explorer page. But I couldn't surch in the search at the top of the composer page. And also I was not able to search things with the magic wand.

Now I am with the 8.1 version and everything working just fine.

Thank you,
Vinicius Xavier.

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Hello I am also having the same issue now. Any idea how we can solve it without re-installation?

I have created a lot a entities and I cannot afford to re-install.

Please help!!!

Avinash

Check to see if you have run out of disk space.

vxavier
13-Aquamarine
(To:sgreywilson)

I was totally not having this issue with disk space.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Quick question : when you did have this issue were you using H2 as persistence provider? And did you put the laptop/machine to sleep or to hibernate without shutting down the Tomcat?

vxavier
13-Aquamarine
(To:supandey)

I was using Postgree, but I did put the laptop to hibernate without shutting down the Tomcat.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Yeahh... i came across that similar situation. Probably not a good idea to not shutdown Tomcat properly and simply putting machine to sleep/hibernate. What I see, if possible, export out all the entities  or use the most recent backup > shutdown tomcat and then remove the deployed ThingWorx folder from the tomcat and also backup and move the ThingWorxStorage to different location and then restart Tomcat and then import back all the required entities.

Top Tags