cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Build Docker Image with Thingworx 8.4.0 H2 Error

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite

Build Docker Image with Thingworx 8.4.0 H2 Error

Hi!

I am trying to use Building process for Docker Images for Thingworx H2 8.4.

Eveyrthing seems to be ok, but at the end I am receiving this error while LicenseSubsystem is starting:

platform_1 | 2019-02-21 16:07:57.751+0000 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.Subsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Starting Subsystem [TunnelSubsystem]
platform_1 | 2019-02-21 16:07:58.134+0000 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Subsystem TunnelSubsystem is started
platform_1 | 2019-02-21 16:07:58.334+0000 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Subsystem MessageStoreSubsystem is starting
platform_1 | 2019-02-21 16:07:58.630+0000 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.Subsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Starting Subsystem [MessageStoreSubsystem]
platform_1 | 2019-02-21 16:07:58.683+0000 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Subsystem MessageStoreSubsystem is started
platform_1 | 2019-02-21 16:07:59.029+0000 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Subsystem LicensingSubsystem is starting
platform_1 | 2019-02-21 16:07:59.344+0000 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.Subsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Starting Subsystem [LicensingSubsystem]
med-61268-cd-083_sp3_thingworx-platform-dockerfiles-8-3-3_platform_1 exited with code 137

I saw that Thingworx 8.4 need Username & Password for H2 database and I added it.

Is there anything else what I can do? I assumed that it will generater request-license file with device-id and I will be able to gather license manually. Or do I need to configure licensing with my credentials in platform-settings.json?

EDIT:

I am using 8.3 docker image builder. Is there a chance that it is not compatibile yet? Maybe I can edit it and make it work somehow?

Any help would be appriciated.

Regards!

Adam

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @A_Macierzynski ,

It should generate a licenserequest file after startup without the need of you putting your login credentials into the platform-settings.json.  Are you always getting that exited with code 137 when you start the container? and is med-61268-cd-083_sp3_thingworx-platform-dockerfiles-8-3-3_platform_1 the name of your container?

Is there anything interesting if you look at the ThingworxStorage/logs directory at the other log files?

Is this a project you are experimenting with, or is this having a major business impact?  As of right now we don't have official Docker Files for ThingWorx 8.4.  If this is having a major impact on your project, I can check with our team to see when the official Docker Files will be released for 8.4.

Regards,

Tony

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:tschmitz)

Hi Tony!

Thank you for your answer!

The licenseRequest file is simply not generated, cause it is stucked on this one line of code giving me always the same error number (it is docker error, not twx error as I understood). This complex name is name of the container, cause it is generated automatically from the name of the parent folder.

Nothing interesting in logs, and it is hard to access those, cause container is removed after error, and I cannot invoke any command.

This project has no business impact yet, but I am trying to switch to docker-based enviroment in the future.

Finally I was able to make it work with hardcoded credentials in platform-settings.json to obtain license online. However this is not what I want to have at the end.

Thanks!

Adam

Top Tags