cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

CORS configuration on hosted Trial Thingworx Server

AlexH
4-Participant

CORS configuration on hosted Trial Thingworx Server

Hello everyone,

I'm doing first steps with Thingworx Trial on a hosted server.

Now I'm trying to get some data over the REST API from my webapplication (JavaScript). And here I'm facing the regular problem with cross-site because the CORS is not configured.

How can I activate / configure CORS on a hosted server? For regular installation with access to the filesystem I could do it with ease, since it is well documented (e.g. https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/Make-a-REST-call-from-a-website-to-Thingworx-platform/m-p/534384).

But can it be done also with the hosted trial server? 

Best regards

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tmisner
16-Pearl
(To:AlexH)

Hello Alex,

Thank you for visiting the ThingWorx Developer Community.

After looking into this internally it would seem that you will need to reach out to Axeda Support who will enable CORS on your behalf.

Please open a ticket with Axeda Support by visiting the Case Logger available on the PTC Support Portal. In this request please inform Axeda Support that you are looking to enable CORS and provide the domain(s) that will be explicitly allowed in the Apache headers.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tmisner
16-Pearl
(To:AlexH)

Hello Alex,

Thank you for visiting the ThingWorx Developer Community.

After looking into this internally it would seem that you will need to reach out to Axeda Support who will enable CORS on your behalf.

Please open a ticket with Axeda Support by visiting the Case Logger available on the PTC Support Portal. In this request please inform Axeda Support that you are looking to enable CORS and provide the domain(s) that will be explicitly allowed in the Apache headers.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

AlexH
4-Participant
(To:tmisner)

Hello Tyler,

thank you for your reply!

Since I'm running a Trial I don't have any permissions in the Case Logger until I have a t least a customer number.

I'll try my luck with our local presales partner of PTC.

Best regards!

Alex

Top Tags