cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

CPU memory utilization for Apache is very high

AK_10010302
5-Regular Member

CPU memory utilization for Apache is very high

CPU memory utilization for Apache is very very high when the Thingworx Industrial Thing is connected. It's closed to 12 Giga Byte when ThingWorx Industrial Thing is connected.

CPU memory utization is near about 3 Giga Byte only when ThingWorx Industrial Thing is not connected.

When I am going through application logs I can see this below log appearing multiple times. How to fix this below error?

[T: TWEventProcessor-11] Error Executing Event Handler 'RunScheduler' for event Type.Thing:Entity.PTC.SCA.SCO.KPIScheduler:Event.ScheduledEvent

Also is there any suggestions which we can do to lower down the memory utilization for Tomcat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AK_10010302)

131 updates a second shouldn't impact your system, I do see that you have cached for a specific time set to 1000, which would mean that if your system is polling these properties with a service it will read from the device if the value hasn't been updated for over 1 second. I recommend you set that to read from cache without expiration (so just read from cache)

Beyond that, it will be what the system might do based on a value update, not sure what subscriptions you are running based on the value updates.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Most of this likely traces back to how many tags you have connected and how often they update.

It will cause data change events and then go into the actual KPI calculation after that.

AK_10010302
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Hi Pai,

Thanks for your reply. There are 131 active tags and the scan rate is 1000 ms.

Also, below I have pasted the screenshot of configurations for the remote bounded properties. Any recommendation will be helpful for lowering down the memory consumptions.

AK_10010302_0-1630300504237.png

Best Regards,

Aditya Kumar

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

131 updates a second shouldn't impact your system, I do see that you have cached for a specific time set to 1000, which would mean that if your system is polling these properties with a service it will read from the device if the value hasn't been updated for over 1 second. I recommend you set that to read from cache without expiration (so just read from cache)

Beyond that, it will be what the system might do based on a value update, not sure what subscriptions you are running based on the value updates.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AK_10010302.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags