cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Can I install PostgreSQL 12 after Thingworx for Manufacturing 8.4 has been installed?

eyli
12-Amethyst

Can I install PostgreSQL 12 after Thingworx for Manufacturing 8.4 has been installed?

I had installed Thingworx for Manufacutring 8.4. I found "C:\PTC\ThingworxManufacturingApps\PostgreSQL" this directory on the server. Looks like PostgreSQL was installed by Thingworx for Manufacturing. I'd like to use PostgreSQL as data persistence provider. Can I install PostgreSQL 12 again? or Can I just use the existing one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:eyli)

Hi @eyli.

So the problem you're having is that you don't know the password for the thingworx db user in PostgreSQL?  This password would have been created at the time you ran the installer.  If you don't remember it, you can reinstall using the foundation installer, but this will require that all existing components be removed first or you will encounter errors. Another option is to install a separate supported version of PostgreSQL, but you would then need to complete the manual install process.

Please let us know exactly what the issue is and we can recommend the best approach.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise

You can use the existing ones, but note postgresql 12 is not supported.

eyli
12-Amethyst
(To:posipova)

Thanks for your answer. I tried by opening the pgAdmin4 and browser opened saying I have no privilege to access the PostgreSQL installed by Thingworx for Manufacturing. How should I do?

eyli
12-Amethyst

Maybe I need to create another instance of PostgreSQL as described in  "https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39842725/postgresql-how-to-create-two-instances-in-same-window-machine"

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @eyli.

So the problem you're having is that you don't know the password for the thingworx db user in PostgreSQL?  This password would have been created at the time you ran the installer.  If you don't remember it, you can reinstall using the foundation installer, but this will require that all existing components be removed first or you will encounter errors. Another option is to install a separate supported version of PostgreSQL, but you would then need to complete the manual install process.

Please let us know exactly what the issue is and we can recommend the best approach.

Regards.

--Sharon

eyli
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

ok. I will try to recall the password or setup a new instance of PostgreSQL. Thanks for your help. Let's close this ticket.

Top Tags