cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can I redo already finished App Tutorial?

kmeres
1-Newbie

Can I redo already finished App Tutorial?

I finished my first "ThingWorks Tour", but I want to do it again. Is there a way the system can forget that I finished it and reset my workspace to its initial state? Is creating a new account the only way to start fresh again?

11 REPLIES 11
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:kmeres)

You could backup your existing entities and data by exporting all to file or to thingworx storage, and then redeploy a clean .war, or clean the contents of thingworxstorage/data.

Hello Polina,

This is exactly what I need. It’s just that I don’t know where to find a clean .war and where thingworxstorage/data resides. Is it somewhere on my computer, or in the browser cookies/cache, or in a cloud?

Thanks a lot,

Krzysztof

posipova
20-Turquoise

How did you obtain the original .war in the beginning of the training?

And here's where your ThingworxStorage folder would be tentatively located (on your hard drive).

Hi Krzystof,

your Thingworxstorage folder should be (by default) on your c drive on root level.

Where did you get your old war file from? Normally you just download it from the PTC Software Download Page.

Best,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

It is not on root level on my C: drive (see attached snapshot). I didn’t download the war file. I just navigated from www.thingworx.com<http://www.thingworx.com> to Developer Zone->QuickStart Kits->Tour and clicked on “Get Started” button in “ThingWorx Tour” box. After clicking “Start” button, Composer got opened with everything set up for the exercise, which I was able to complete successfully. It was great and I want to do it again.

Best Regards,

Krzysztof

Aanjan
9-Granite

Krzysztof, that looks like a custom environment hosted in the cloud. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to reset your progress. You might have to create a new account (if possible) to start from step 1.

kmeres
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Aanjan, I was hoping that I can avoid creating another account, but thanks anyway. At least I know where I am.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Krzysztof, it looks like we can reset the tutorial progress! It will most likely be done in a couple hours, so you don't have to create a new account; you can use your current id to restart the tutorial. Thanks!

kmeres
1-Newbie

Hi Aanjan,

Wow! This would be great! I didn’t like the idea of creating a new account just for purpose of restarting the tutorial, good thing I wasn’t rushing into it. So far the tutorial still shows status “Finished”, and button “Go to Platform” pops up instead of “Start”, but I will keep checking from time to time. I don’t mind having my whole workspace completely reset, I didn’t store there anything of any value to me.

Thanks a lot,

Krzysztof

Aanjan
9-Granite

Krzysztof, I'll check internally on the status and let you know. Thanks for your patience!

*Quick Edit*

Please do try now, you should be all set.

kmeres
1-Newbie

Aanjan,

Thank you so much for your help. There is no rush, I’m busy with other tasks right now, but I would like to do this great tutorial again at some point.

Best regards,

Krzysztof

Top Tags