cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Can't map pwdLastSet Active Directory attribute

steve237
12-Amethyst

Can't map pwdLastSet Active Directory attribute

I am trying to map the pwdLastSet AD attribute to a User Extenstion via Directory Services.  I added a property to the User Extension Thing Shape with Base Type = LONG:

steve237_1-1580780394677.png

Next, I mapped the AD attribute to the user extension with a default value of 237 (I set a default is to show that the value is not being set properly):

steve237_3-1580780637374.png

However, the value is not set properly.  Here is a screen shot of my user extenstions to show that the value is zero:

steve237_5-1580781106082.png

It is not the value from my AD attribute:

steve237_4-1580780986599.png

It was also not set to the default value 237.

Are there limitations to which AD attributes can be mapped to user extensions?

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steve,

What version of ThingWorx are you using?

Could you check the Application.log and Security.log for errors or attach them here?

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Steve,

What version of ThingWorx are you using?

Could you check the Application.log and Security.log for errors or attach them here?

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

Raluca,

I had been checking the Application log file all along for errors, but unfortunately had failed to check the security log.

The security log had error: General error occurred. [explanation: java.lang.Exception: User does not exist in AD, the credentials are invalid, or the User ID Attribute Name Schema Mapping is incorrect.] each time I logged in.  More research showed that the directory service I was using for testing was causing that error, so the second dir service in the list was actually doing the authentication!  (I had not done the same mapping in the second directory service.)  Of course, once I updated the mapping in the 2nd service it started to populate the pwdLastSet user extension. Problem solved.

Thanks for the hint.

I am glad you solved the issue.

Regards,
Raluca

Hello Steve,

Just my two cents:

1. Try it with capital P, i.e. PwdLastSet and with "-" i.e. Pwd-Last-Set;
  2. Try defining it as STRING on ThingWorx side;
  3. Try to restart the server;

/ Constantine

Top Tags