cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can we navigate to a mashup deployed in a different server instance using links?

SK_9531327
5-Regular Member

Can we navigate to a mashup deployed in a different server instance using links?

I want to create a link to a different use case Mashup deployed in a Global server. My application sits in a local server. Is it possible to bypass the login popup and open the mashup directly using links or navigation from the local server application?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:SK_9531327)

The one way you could do this is by having an app key in the URL for auth. You'll have to enable that in the platform subsettings and then you can use thingworx-x-session=true&appKey= ...

see: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS227935

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The one way you could do this is by having an app key in the URL for auth. You'll have to enable that in the platform subsettings and then you can use thingworx-x-session=true&appKey= ...

see: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS227935

SK_9531327
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Hi, Thanks for your response @PaiChung 

I dont have any users/customer profiles defined in Thingworx. It basically an LDAP connection or maybe a SSO in the future. In that case can i group few users only to have that access for the application key to access the link or something like that. I believe we have the user profile details in database and credentials verification via a REST service. 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The approach I provided would allow a user to see Thingworx mashups with a generic account without having to log in.

I'm not an expert with SSO but maybe you can accomplish the redirect without auth necessity using SSO

SK_9531327
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Sure Thanks again @PaiChung 

One more questions is that, in the article you've shared, its mentioned as applies to only till version 8.5

Will it still work for 9.0 and higher versions in the future?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I haven't actually checked if this option is still available in 9.0

I would think it is still possible one way or another.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SK_9531327.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags