cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Cannot add model tag without vocabulary terms

Shivaji
9-Granite

Cannot add model tag without vocabulary terms

I have created a model tag without and vocabulary terms in it.

When I try to assign the model tag to any entity in thingworx it does not show me in the list. Also it does not show any of the model tags which do not have vocabulary terms in it. It shows only those model tags which has vocabulary terms in it. Is this something new or am I missing something here?

1 REPLY 1
amittal-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:Shivaji)

Hello,

As far as I remember, you need to have a vocabulary term defined under a model tag to use it. I am not sure if in very early Thingworx versions it was possible to use a model tag without any vocabulary terms.

Even if we check the documentation on Model Tags it says - 

"A tag is a combination of a vocabulary and a specific vocabulary term"

See : https://support.ptc.com/cs/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_7.0_hc/index.jspx?id=Tags&action=show 

You can also check from Help -> Help Center from inside composer

Yes, there is a way of adding vocabulary terms (dynamically) inside an existing model tag, but thats a different concept. For that also I know a way of doing that programatically, not any other way. I m not sure if you referring to this??

Thanks

Aditya

Top Tags