cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Change the Contained Mashup giving the name inside this contained mashup

AitorP
6-Contributor

Change the Contained Mashup giving the name inside this contained mashup

Hi, I have this Mashup (Always showed on the screen) the widget containedMashup (Green square) is the only one that changes:

AitorP_0-1633620960613.png

I know how to change the contained mashup by binding the Menu (String Mashup property) to the Name of the contained Mashup as follows:

AitorP_1-1633621027053.png

BUT, now I want to change the contained mashup when I click a Button inside the Contained Mashup. Is like one mashup goes after another one withotu click on the menu, just click a Button inside the Mashup.

I tried to use Navigation function by Target Window Type = Replace but it Replace ALL the window on my navigator. with the menu, the top part, etc, etc.

Another option I tried was to create a Mashup parameter on the Mashup which I have to click the button and try to send the target MashupName to the ContainedMashup property:

AitorP_0-1633630411942.png

I Add the Mashup where I have the parameter created and using the service GetParameter I can get the parameter created on the mashup where I have the contained Mashup (red):

AitorP_1-1633630572810.png

But the problem is that as The mashup name of the menu is already blinded, I can't bind this parameter because is like only accepts one input:

AitorP_2-1633630660815.png

At this point I can do some Function expression with lots of inputs (names of destination mashups) and the result output will be String Mashup name and link it to the MashupName property of the contained mashup. The problem is when and how activate this Function and the GetParameter Service. I only want to update or execute that when the button of certain mashups is pressed or the menu changes.

How would you do it?

Is it possible to do?  I thing is a common action. Go to another mushup but always working inside the contained mashup. In this case by clicking a button.

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:AitorP)

Correct.  You can either create your own data shape and add it to the configuration on the UserManagementSubsystem (on the UserSessionShapes table), or you can edit the GlobalSessionProperties ThingShape and just add your property to that.

--Nick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nmilleson
17-Peridot

@AitorP ,

You could try creating a Global session variable and binding it to the mashup name.  Then when you push a button from anywhere, just populate the mashup name in that session variable.

--Nick

AitorP
6-Contributor
(To:nmilleson)

Hi Nick, thank you.

where can I create a Global Session variable? Is that the same as Session parameter?

nmilleson
17-Peridot

Correct.  You can either create your own data shape and add it to the configuration on the UserManagementSubsystem (on the UserSessionShapes table), or you can edit the GlobalSessionProperties ThingShape and just add your property to that.

--Nick

Top Tags