cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Check box and number entry

Darryl
4-Participant

Check box and number entry

Hi Guru's

Wondering if someone can suggest how I could get a mashup to do the following:

I need a user on the mashup to have the choice to select EITHER checkbox1 or checkbox2 or input a number. They can only do one of these.

The reason being is that I need to do a calculation based on their selection; i.e.

checkbox 1 = 10

checkbox 2 = 20

custom = xxxx

My server will multiple a predetermined value by one of these selections to give me a result.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Darryl

1 REPLY 1

Look at List Widget with Radio Button List View, and when custom it's checked, just show a TextBox where to ad the custom value, for the other values hide the text box, and bind selectedValue to the textBox, for value1 set it to 10, for value2 set it to 20, and for value3(custom) set it to 0.

You will need to build an infotable on the server side with this format and return it with a helper service:

TextValue
Value 1010
Value 2020
Custom0

Then you just need to bind this service result to the list widget.

After that, you can use Selected Row(s) Value to bind it to a TextBox.

This TextBox should have the visibility binded to a expression which evaluates if Text Selected value it's = "Custom".

At the end, you just need to bind TextBox value to the service that sets the value on the server.

Top Tags