cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Clean Core Thingworx System

ndupreez
6-Contributor

Clean Core Thingworx System

How do one clean a Thingworx core system?

I have a system running in AWS on AWS-Linux with a MSSQL RDS DB.

From time to time developers wants a clean system.

Cleaning the DB with thingworxMssqlDBCleanup.sh works well.

How do one clean the actual core server. What folders/files can be cleaned to make the installation as good as new.

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I was using the AWS snapshots, AMI etc.

This however takes time. You have to restore the RDS DB. This creates a new copy of the DB, the current one becomes the old one. You have to delete the old DB systems after restoring as it create a new DB instance. 

This is currently working for me:

Stop tomcat service.

Run the following scripts from the "Install" folder to clean the DB

• sh thingworxMssqlDBCleanup.sh
  • sh thingworxMssqlDBSetup.sh
  • sh thingworxMssqlSchemaSetup.sh

To remove Thingworx completely from your instance:

Empty /ThingworxStorage folder

Delete the Thingworx folder from <tomcat_home>/webapps.

Thingworx.war would then be redeployed and ThingworxStorage folder would be repopulated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:ndupreez)

I believe after cleaning the DB and setting up the base model schema again will give a fresh ThingWorx instance only. This will not have any developed entity/data. When you say how do we clean the actual core server, what does that exactly mean? Do you specifically want to clean something which is left even after refreshing the DB? If you want, you can clean ThingWorx Storage folder as when you restart with a fresh model schema it will automatically create it. In ThingworxStorage folder you have keystore.pfx, so make sure if you have a new keystore.pfx then you should also have a new keystore password from ThingWorx Platform folder. 

@ndupreez ,

Since you're on AWS, why don't you simply create an image of clean ThingWorx installation and whenever needed you just use the image. 

I used this approach in my previous assignment and it was absolutely fine for the business.

Thanks,

Shirish

Hi

I was using the AWS snapshots, AMI etc.

This however takes time. You have to restore the RDS DB. This creates a new copy of the DB, the current one becomes the old one. You have to delete the old DB systems after restoring as it create a new DB instance. 

This is currently working for me:

Stop tomcat service.

Run the following scripts from the "Install" folder to clean the DB

• sh thingworxMssqlDBCleanup.sh
  • sh thingworxMssqlDBSetup.sh
  • sh thingworxMssqlSchemaSetup.sh

To remove Thingworx completely from your instance:

Empty /ThingworxStorage folder

Delete the Thingworx folder from <tomcat_home>/webapps.

Thingworx.war would then be redeployed and ThingworxStorage folder would be repopulated.

Top Tags