cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Clearing dropdown selection

leeejw717
11-Garnet

Clearing dropdown selection

Hi,

Capture.PNG

I currently have a panel like the picture above, which allows users to type in a new building name and select a site from a dropdown list and add it to the database.

After the user clicks the 'Add' button, both the Building name textfield and the Sitename dropdown list should be emptied out. Right now, when a user clicks Add, the Building name textfield becomes empty (I did it binding the textfield to a property and writing a service that changes the property to '  '). But, it does not empty the dropdown list. I have tried using the same method I used for the textfield like binding a property to the selectedText feature of the dropdownlist and setting that to ' ', but this doesn't seem to work for the dropdown widget.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:leeejw717)

Hello.

What version of ThingWorx are you using, and which widget? There have been reports of similar behavior which have been fixed in some later service releases. We can maybe determine if you need to update.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:CRArko)

Actually what is happening is the fact that you are trying to set the value to 'null' but that value doesn't exist in the drop down and so it stays on the previous value.

Check the marketplace, there should be an extension to do a 'unselect' on infotable.

If not I can look for it.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:PaiChung)

Sorry I checked and this is part of one of the Thingworx starter apps and not available on the market place

CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:leeejw717)

Hi, Leeejw.

Was Pai Chung's suggestion able to get you going on this issue? Please let us know.

Thanks!

-- Craig A.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CRArko)

Hi @leeejw717.

If the solution provided by @PaiChung resolved your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags