cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Collection - image render bug

Christian_S
6-Contributor

Collection - image render bug

I have a CollectionWidget in an Mashup which shows things. Than I made Mashups for selected and unselected entries on which the thingname is passed. After the Loaded the GetAvatarURL() is called which puts the thing avatar to an image widget, therefore i now see the thing avatar on each collection entry.

But now when I change the selection sometimes the picture of another avatar is shown as avatar.

For example I have Machines "Square","Circle" and "Triangle".

Collection:

"Square"

"Square"

"Circle" --> Selected

"Square"

"Triangle"

When I now select the second entry which is a "Square" thing, the avatar of "Circle" is shown/rendered on this item.

listbug1.pnglistbug2.png

The difference between red and black square is just a css style for blackandwhite. But as you can see the Thingsymbol changed to the avatar of the squarething :-(

What should/can i do now to fix this behaviour? For me it seems like a rendering latency which is causing this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Christian_S.

Please be advised that this issue was addressed in the most recent releases of the product:  ThingWorx 8.5 and 8.4.6.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

It seems to be a problem caused by the "load/unload" feature. When I set it to "Load all" this problem seems to be solved.

Anyone has an idea?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Christian_S)

Hi @Christian_S.

What version of ThingWorx are you running?  Is the behavior the same across browsers?

Regards.

--Sharon

Christian_S
6-Contributor

Currently we are working with ThingWorx 8.4.1-b2126

Same behaviour on Firefox, Chrome, IE.

It seems to me like something which could be caused by lazy async loading, on which data is requested for every entry and than given back async to a position which has been internaly changed due to load/unload feature and is than written to the wrong entry.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Christian_S.

We have an internal case open for this issue which is currently under review.  Once we have updated information, I will post it here.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Christian_S.

Just an update on this issue.  It has been reviewed by engineering and accepted as a bug.  It is targeted for a future release of the product.

Once we have confirmation of the targeted release, I will post it here.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Christian_S.

Please be advised that this issue was addressed in the most recent releases of the product:  ThingWorx 8.5 and 8.4.6.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags