cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Collection widget not loading when mashup passed in at runtime

m_Sheridan
6-Contributor

Collection widget not loading when mashup passed in at runtime

Hey all,

I have a mashup with a button bar and contained mashup. The contained mashup is a mashup with just the collection widget inside it. 

Im trying to pass the selected value of the button bar through the contained mashup and into the collection widget but nothing seems to load when I do so this way. I've checked and the contained mashup and the widget are receiving the correct String from the button bar selection. When I specify the desired mashup in the widget property (no binding) it works fine. 

Any advice, is there something im missing? Im using thingworx 8.5.3.

2 REPLIES 2

Regardless of what you send to the contained mashup, just test with the collection widget mashup directly, make sure this mashup works, and then test it in the bigger map.

Was your collection widget working as expected?

m_Sheridan
6-Contributor
(To:zyuan1)

I tested the collection widget directly by specifying its mashup in the collection widget property "mashup". Works as expected.

m_Sheridan_0-1590744445403.png

I tested specifying its mashup in the in the mashup property and binding to the collection widget property. Works as expected. (Image to help clarify the property I am talking about, its not currently set up as explained)

m_Sheridan_2-1590744572805.png

But when the "selectedMashup" property is provided by the parent mashup, via binding to a contained mashup widget, the collection widget does not load despite the debug info panel showing that the mashup has been passed to the collection widget.

I would have provided more images but I have since changed the implementation to work around this issue.

Top Tags