cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

CollectionWidget Global Parameter Binding

OpenSauce
3-Visitor

CollectionWidget Global Parameter Binding

Hi guys,

I have a mashup with a collection widget, that widget in this "parent mashup" is displaying a number of different mashups (in order to achieve some level of responsiveness). The parent mashup is passed a THINGNAME and then needs to pass that THINGNAME along to all the "children mashups" within the collection widget so that they can display the relevant information. For this I am using the GlobalParameterBinding within the collection widget, in the hopes that all mashups within the collection widget will receive that binding in the mashup parameters.

However, I keep getting an undefined THINGNAME within the children mashups, despite the fact that the THINGNAME being passed is confirmed to exist as a parameter within the parent mashup and binded along the way successfully. When I set the THINGNAME within the collection widget itself (instead of binding) the parameter is then successfully passed... 

Any sort of solution would be great, if more information is needed please let me know.

2 REPLIES 2
seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:OpenSauce)

Have you watched the video below ? the video has a part introducing the usage of global parameter for collection.  It may help you. 

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/webinars/reimagine-your-application-UI

Hi Sean,

I have indeed watched the video. The only difference is I am passing an infotable of mashups instead of replicating a single mashup with different properties.

As in the main post I am able to pass the parameter through when it is manually selected in the collection widget itself, the problems are only when that parameter is binded to a value.

I've created a workaround using the normal "MashupPropertyBinding" where I return the infotable of all the mashups with an additional "parameter field" that contains the same parameter across all of them - although it seems like the globalpropertybinding is created to achieve this functionality.

Top Tags