cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Comparing Expression widget with Service.

Sugumar_5656
14-Alexandrite

Comparing Expression widget with Service.

Hello All,

I used an expression widget to do one action at the mashup level.  I can also use a service to do the same action in the same mashup. 

I just want to know which method is the best practice method, and why?

Can anybody help me to find this?

Regards

Sugumar R

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Sugumar_5656 ,

It would be better practice to use a service instead of the expression widget. Purely because of visibility and scalability.  You don't want to have to go into a mashup to see if something is happening and it is not easy to duplicate else where so it would depend on your user case.

If you use a service you are not dependent on a specific mashup and it is easy to duplicate on other things or templates.

Hi @AndreaSteyn 

Thank you for your reply.

I just want to know about the performance. not about the scalability and visibility.

Do you have any idea about performance?

Hi @Sugumar_5656 ,

I haven't tested the performance between the two. If you haven't already perhaps testing each would be an option. The inspect tool (F12) in the chrome browser allows you to see the time each service/action takes in a mashup which could help quantify the difference in performance.

Top Tags