cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Configuration for Excel Database

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Configuration for Excel Database

Hello everyone! Using the JDBC Connector Extension and the downloaded xlSQL JDBC driver for Excel, I created my own extension for connecting to Excel as a database. But there are problems with configuration. Here are two options:

JDBC Driver Class Name: com.xlSQL.jdbc.Driver
JDBC Connection String: jdbc:xlSQL://localhost:8085;databaseName=DB
connectionValidationString: Sheets("Sheet1").Select

or

JDBC Driver Class Name: com.excel.jdbc.Driver
JDBC Connection String: jdbc:excel://localhost:8085;databaseName=DB
connectionValidationString: Sheets("Sheet1").Select

In both cases, the connection to the database doesn't occur. First of all, I don't know exactly where my database ("DB") should be for the proper connection. Maybe there is someone here who worked exactly with Excel and will indicate what other mistakes I made when filling out.

2 REPLIES 2
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:Mr_Henry_M)

I don't think this was or is a tested use case. I searched online and this seems to be the classname: 

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

while this is the  connection string:

jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};DBQ=<file_path>;DriverID=22;READONLY=true;

again,  I don't know the validation string for Excel. 

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:posipova)

Thank you for the answer. Honestly, I don’t quite understand which driver we've talking about here (it’s both Jdbc and Odbc at the same time?), but the connection string looks familiar. I tried it already, only in a slightly more truncated format.

That's the problem, that there are obviously more than one option here and it’s not clear how it’s really correct if nobody really tested it.

Top Tags