cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Connection ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity to ThingWorx Composer

mn1
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Connection ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity to ThingWorx Composer

Hi there,

I would like to get data from a PLC to an AR Application. To realize this I try to get the Data form the PLC to ThingWorx Industiral Connectivety. Then the Data has to be send form ThingWorx Industrial Connectivety to the ThingWorx Composer to connect to Vuforia Studio, right? How can I connect Data from ThingWorx Industrial Connectivety to ThingWorx Composer?

Thanks for help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are guides on Developer.ThingWorx.com covering exactly this topic. First, get a PLC connected to ThingWorx by following Monitor and control a plc with ThingWorx.Then learn about Vuforia with Getting started with Vuforia studio  before creating your own experience Create an AR Demo 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:mn1)

Hi @mn1 ,

Please refer section "Configuring KEPServerEX and Connecting to ThingWorx" on the help center link http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FIndustrialConnections%2FIndustrialConnectionsExample.html

for details on creating connection between ThingWorx and Industrial Connectivity,

Thanks,

Himanshu

mn1
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:hchanana)

Thanks for your answer. If I follow these steps, I allways get a error: Connection to Thingworx was not possivle. The Host could not be detached. Where can I find the correct name of Host and Port? What else could be the reason of this mistake?

hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:mn1)

Hi @mn1 ,

You need to put Host and port of ThingWorx tomcat server in the Connection settings in ThingWorx Project properties of KepServerEx configuration. Also you need to put valid app key.

If you are facing issue, please share the screenshot of project properties and kepserver event logs.

Thanks,

Himanshu

There are guides on Developer.ThingWorx.com covering exactly this topic. First, get a PLC connected to ThingWorx by following Monitor and control a plc with ThingWorx.Then learn about Vuforia with Getting started with Vuforia studio  before creating your own experience Create an AR Demo 

Announcements

Top Tags