cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Connection of MS SQL server 2014 with thingworx

bmarimuthu-2
1-Newbie

Connection of MS SQL server 2014 with thingworx

Hi!!!

I am connecting my TWX with MS SQL Database.

JDBC Driver Class name: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

JDBC connection string: jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=thingworx

While executing my service i am getting an error as

"Unable to Invoke Service test on sample_thing : Login failed for user ''. ClientConnectionId:1b3f3f02-a405-4e4a-b04e-86618c94cedf"

and also getting error in importing jdbc driver for mssql server from TWX market place.

So this is the whole scenario.

I hope you are getting me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bavithraa, what sort of error are you getting while importing the driver? The service seems to be failing on authentication, have you already rechecked the password you are using for the login? Is your Thing showing isConnected=true?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Bavithraa, what sort of error are you getting while importing the driver? The service seems to be failing on authentication, have you already rechecked the password you are using for the login? Is your Thing showing isConnected=true?

problem with my credentials. sorted out now.

Thanks!!

Hi, could you please ensure your credentials for the database? it seems like it reaches the database but not able to authenticate with the credentials provided.

As for the marketplace - the extension provides the ability to build your own jdbc extension, packaging the jdbc driver. Are you experiencing an error trying to import the marketplace extension or the extension that was built by it? What is the error you are seeing?

Yup!! It was due to the problem in credentials. It was sorted out now.

Thanks!!

Top Tags