cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Connectivity extensions for OPC and MODBUS

gauravh
1-Newbie

Connectivity extensions for OPC and MODBUS

In the below article it has been mentioned that

http://www.thingworx.com/2013/03/thingworx-version-4-0-platform-release/

" New connectivity extensions provide integration to M2M and industrial protocols such as MQTT, OData, OPC, Modbus, Zigbee/ZWave, and others "

We are looking for communication between ThingWorx  and  OPC, Modbus protocols.

Could you please help us for path for the extensions to download and any documentation provided for communicating with OPC and Modbus protocol.

8 REPLIES 8
abalousek
6-Contributor
(To:gauravh)

Gaurav,

For both OPC and MODBUS connectivity you'll need to get acquainted with the ThingWorx Edge MicroServer (TWEMS) covered completely in section 8 of the Wiki. Specifically for OPC data connectivity, please have a look at section 8.03 (and 8.03.04) that explains installation and setup/configuration of a .NET Edge Process to facilitate communication to your OPC data server. For MODBUS protocol communications we have available an install package that includes the required LUA resource files and an example LUA script to communicate to a MODBUS device via serial or TCP, again thru the TWEMS. As well, remember that a search from the main page on either topic will yield quite a few results that should also help you get started.

Thanks. I have got the details on the OPC DA.

Could you please let me know the link for the " MODBUS protocol communications install package".?

Also have not found MODBUS package with LUA files, examples and any documentation. Is it possible to obtain information how to make communication via MODBUS protocol?

Thanks,
Dmitry

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6292012)

Hi Dmitry,

Which build are you interested in using? We have Windows, Linux and Linux ARM builds available.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

now interested build for Windows

Thanks,

Dmitry

Thanks. I have got the details on the OPC DA.

Could you please let me know the link for the " MODBUS protocol communications install package".?

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:gauravh)

Hi Gaurav,

Which build are you interested in using? We have Windows, Linux, and Linux ARM builds available.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I am interested in Windows. Could you please show me the step to make one Modbus request from LUA library.

I have tried with mihini, koneki and all other build lua code. But still I am not able succeed in that.

Top Tags