cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Create collapsed/expand Menu

acorreia1
7-Bedrock

Create collapsed/expand Menu

Hi all,

I want to build a collapsed/expand menu on hover. I have seen this once in one of the ThingWorx demo's (SmartCitiesMaster). They look like this:

collapsed_menu_icons.png                            expande_menu_icons.png

How did they to it? Is there an easy way? Or did they use CSS? If CSS, can someone help me how this CSS would look like?

Kind regards,

Antonio

4 REPLIES 4

Coulndn't find any Mouse hover event, if you can find it , problem can easily be solved.

If this demo is importable, we can duplicate it and check how they realize it.

Else if we develop our own widget, we can add this inside: widget.jqElement.triggerHandler('cm_id_Hover')

Thanks for the quick response zyuan1,

We're short on resources so at this time it's not possible for us to create our own widgets based on the knowledge needed it.

With that said, if it's not too much of a trouble to try and understand how it was done or can be done, or simply expose the css or mechanism of the sidebar with a menu would be great.

Thank you again in advance.

Antonio

Hello @zyuan1 ,

Do you have any news regarding this topic?

Thank you again,

Antonio

Hello Antonio,

Just my 2 cents -- there's a chance to reverse engineer it by looking into the DOM using Chrome Dev Tools and trying to figure out what they use by checking element IDs, CSS class names, etc.

/ Constantine

Top Tags