cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Create infotable from Datashape doesn't work with Primary key. (Thingworx 9.1.0)

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

Create infotable from Datashape doesn't work with Primary key. (Thingworx 9.1.0)

Hi,

when i create infotable from datashape with Primary key it is accepting duplicate key. below are some snaps..please suggest the correct solution. i want to store entries with primary key. when i enter duplicate key it should update automatically as datashape contains  a Field (Primary key ).

VaibhavShinde_0-1624684485628.png

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

This works to specification that infotables does not honor primary key.

You can use datatables (under data storage section) to store records with unique primary key (specified by datashape).

If you use predefined "AddDataTableEntry" service adding a record with duplicate key, a warning with "Entry With This Key Already Exists" will appear as the output; if you use "AddOrUpdateDataTableEntry" service to add a record to the datatable, it the key already exists, the data will be updated/overwritten with the new entry.

Best,

Tony

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:TonyZhang)

Hi @VaibhavShinde,

Did my reply answer your question? If so, could you please designate my reply as the Accepted Solution?

Thanks,

Tony

Hi @TonyZhang ,

Thanks for reply ,  as you said Datatable can use but I can't create datatable as a Property.

Thanks 

Hi @VaibhavShinde,

Yes, datatable is not a data type for Thing property, it's a type of storage or Thing and supposed to be used alone.

Any reason you have to make it a property of a Thing?

Hi @VaibhavShinde,

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards,

Tony

Top Tags