cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Create/load image object in thingworx from SystemRepository

RohitKumar_Jais
4-Participant

Create/load image object in thingworx from SystemRepository

Hi, Carles Coll

I have a requirement where I need to set logged in user's image (Avatar) so that user can change his/her profile pic when he/she logged in.

I uploaded an image file in SystemRepository by using FileUpload widget. Now I want to get this image as a object in a service so that I can use this image to create an Avatar.

I don't know how can I load this image from SystemRepository via a service's script (javascript) and then set it as logged in user's Avatar.

Please help me regarding the same.

Regards,

Rohit Kumar Jaiswal

3 REPLIES 3

On user's available services you have a SetAvatar which accepts an Image object, and on FileRepository you have a LoadImage service which returns an Image Object, if you join both I think you will be able to do it

Hi Carles,

when I set avatar of an User via SetAvatar service then I am getting Wrapped javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't create cache file! Cause: Can't create cache file!

error.

Please help me

Code Snippet::

var params = {

path: FullPath /* STRING */

};

// result: IMAGE

var imageContent = Things["SystemRepository"].LoadImage(params);

var params = {

content: imageContent /* IMAGE */

};

// no return

Users[currentUser].SetAvatar(params);

Seems ok, maybe better you open a support case, maybe it's a memory problem ( the image it's big?)

Top Tags